Welcome to our Special Educational Needs page.
Our school community works together to create a secure, stimulating and happy learning environment where all pupils' needs are met and challenged regardless of gender, ethnicity, ability or background. We want all our pupils to achieve their best, becoming confident individuals who make successful transition onto the next phase of their learning and into adult life.
In order to achieve the very best for our children with Special Educational Needs (SEN), we work hard to ensure that:
- we welcome and include all pupils into our community
- we have strong, supportive links with parents and carers
- we identify Special Educational Needs as early as possible
- we follow an effective assess - plan - do - review cycle to monitor and track continuous progress
- liaise closely with specialist SEN professionals who can support both staff and pupils
If you would like more details about our work, the school SEN policy and SEN Information Report are attached at the bottom of this page for your convenience.
You are welcome to ask further questions by contacting our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo), Cathie Longman, via the contact page.
North Yorkshire Local Offer:
North Yorkshire County Council have published their local offer for children and families from 0-25. This outlines what is available for children and young people with SEND in our Local Authority. You can find the link at the bottom of this page.